Thank you for contacting us, we will get back to you shortly
for Babies and Toddlers
Hi, I’m Talia, a Licenced Psychologist and Certified Gentle Sleep Coach trained by Kim West, (a.k.a. The Sleep Lady®). Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, I followed my dreams and moved to Israel in 2013. There I met my husband, and now we are the proud parents of 3 gorgeous kids.
So you may be wondering how I got into Sleep Coaching?
When I was pregnant with my eldest daughter, I felt so prepared for pregnancy, labour, birth and even breastfeeding. I had done prenatal classes and used the mobile pregnancy apps on a daily basis, but once my baby was born I had no idea what to expect with regard to her sleep patterns. I did not know when, how or where to put her to sleep. Most times when she cried I incorrectly thought she was hungry and just kept feeding her, not realising that she was in fact begging me to put her to sleep. I felt stuck, tired and vulnerable. After a few months of exhaustion, I reached out to a Gentle Sleep Coach. She gave me invaluable advice, and within a few weeks my daughter was sleeping through the night and was in an excellent routine. I could not believe the difference in my baby she was not only sleeping well but also a much happier baby and of course had a much happier mom.
When my second daughter was born, I used the sleep shaping techniques I learnt from my Sleep Coach and by 12 weeks she was sleeping through the night. But then my baby started daycare, periodically got sick and her sleep went downhill. There were times when she was waking up 5 times at night. I was happy to help sooth her to sleep during these tough times, but once she got better she expected the same treatment. She seemed to have forgotten how to self-sooth. During these times, I was totally sleep deprived, moody and this affected the quality of my life. It was then that I decided to study Sleep Coaching to help both my family and other tired moms and dads such as yourselves. I managed to get my baby back on track, sleeping through the night and napping well (all without crying it out) and now I want to help you do the same.
Now I want to help you do the same!
My Sleep Coaching Practice is built upon Attachment Parenting which involves building trust, responding to and bonding with your baby. I do not believe in letting your babies cry-it- out alone. When your babies cry, they are expressing themselves and you need to respond to them with the love and care they deserve.
Attachment parenting is, however, more than just responding to your baby’s needs, it also involves fostering independence in your young ones and helping them develop lifelong healthy habits. When it comes to sleep, I help you provide your children with a safe and loving environment for sleep, while simultaneously giving them the tools to self sooth and not be dependent on you to fall asleep.
My sleep training method is gentle but effective. I am dedicated to helping you achieve your sleep goals with your young kids, for this reason I offer follow up after our sleep training consultation, where I will guide and support you in reaching your sleep goals.
Are you wondering if my Sleep Coaching Service is for you?
- Are the sleepless nights making you exhausted, moody, and frustrated and you need this to change?
- Are you pregnant or have a newborn and want to teach your baby to sleep well from the start?
- Do you spend hours nursing or rocking or holding your baby to sleep?texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo
- Does your baby need help with structuring and lengthening day time naps?texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo
- Do you want to move your baby into his own room but not sure how?texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo texte texte loremo ipsumo
- Do you need help transitioning your toddler from a crib to a bed?
- Are you getting up at night to sooth or feed your baby?
- Does your toddler come visit you a few times at night or need you to help them fall asleep?
- Are you tired of starting the day at 5am?
- Does your baby or toddler need help falling asleep after a change in routine such as a new school, a new sibling or post sickness?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions then I can help you. Call for a free 15 minute consultation and some sleep guidance tips.
I was trained through the Gentle Sleep Coach Programme, which is the most comprehensive sleep coach training and certification programme available.
My training included:
- Basic counselling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioural modification techniques to help parents of children age 0 to 6 years old.
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Centre
- GERD and Sleep led by Dr Anthony Loizides, paediatric gastroenterologist